The belief of the Sonshine Christian Academy is that the Word of God is the source of knowledge and wisdom. “For the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, …the beginning of knowledge, … and all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hid in Christ.” (Proverbs 1:7, 9:10; Colossians 2:3). Moreover, we adhere to a theistic rather than the humanistic frame of reference for the origins of the universe. We believe, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1)
It is our contention that a student’s adherence to Christian principles, as taught at SCA, will positively affect his/her relationship with society. We will teach our children to imitate positive role models of inspired teachers who exemplify the love, peace, tenderness, kindness, long-suffering, meekness, and gentleness of Christ Jesus. When children are exposed to those Christ-like characteristics, they will imitate them, and in turn, exemplify them to others contributing to a moral society.
Only after receiving a quality education will students learn and accept their purpose in life. Therefore, Christian education is constitutive to the making of the individual, the preservation of the family and the survival of the nation.
At Sonshine Christian Academy, we offer a Christ-centered educational program that enables each student to acquire knowledge, personal qualities, skills, understanding and the qualifications necessary for students to live and thrive in a multicultural and ever-changing society. The achievement of this philosophy demands emphasis on effective learning within a school culture conducive to this end.
The objectives of the Sonshine Christian Academy are:
- To provide a Christ-centered educational program, which prepares students to live in a multicultural and ever-changing society.
- To impress upon students the need to excel academically.
- To expose students to Biblical Truths on a daily basis and teach its relevance to the past, present, and future life.
- To mold values around the Word of God so that they are compliant with Biblical teachings.
- To employ well-trained, certified and spirit-filled teachers who will be exemplary models of the Christian life, and would be sensitive to the spiritual educational and personal needs of the students.
- To establish and foster an allegiance of students, parents and staff which will share the responsibility of education.
- To guide the individual to discover and enhance their unique abilities.