Dear Parent/Guardian: Thank you for trusting your children to the Sonshine Christian Academy family. As an extension of this trust, we are working hard to ensure the safety of our school’s environment against the coronavirus (COVID-19) affecting our world. We are praying for the health and sustainability of our community, city, state, and federal governments during this devastating outbreak. I ask that you continue to cooperate with us as we make the following adjustments with our school schedule during the Statewide mandatory three-week interruption that is now serving as an early-extended Spring break.
1. Sonshine Christian Academy will be open from 7:00 AM – 2:30 PM on Monday, March 16, 2020 (no afterschool program).
2. Sonshine Christian Academy will be closed starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020, and will tentatively reopen at 7:00 AM on Monday, April 6, 2020—under the guidance of our State Official rulings.
3. During this three-week break, your child will need to complete a minimum of two-week’s worth of academic work to satisfy the Ohio Department of Educational State Standard requirements of organized learning.
a. Each Homeroom Teacher has assigned every student with homework packets to satisfy this requirement.
b. Each packet needs to be completed and submitted upon the students return to school.
c. If your child requires use of a computer and/or internet for any of their assignments, please note that Columbus Public Libraries will remain open, but all prescheduled classes, meetings, events, and programs have been cancelled until further notice.
4. The March 20th COSI field trip has been tentatively rescheduled to Friday, April 10, 2020.
5. The Ohio AIR Test (Spring testing) will be postponed until further notice is received by State Governmental Officials.
6. Eighth Grade Trip—rescheduling will happen as soon as we have details from Great Wolfe Lodge.
7. Sonshine Christian Academy Office Hours: 03/23-04/03 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 9AM-12PM—All e-mail and voicemail messages will be promptly addressed during this time.
Thank you for your cooperation during this climate of uncertainty. We ask that you continue praying with us that No Weapon Formed AGAINST US Shall Prosper—Isaiah 54:17. Please remember to listen to the news and watch for updates from our school’s website and social media platforms.
Dr. Davina Jackson Hicks, Head of School