June 5th, 2019
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Congratulations on helping your child finish this school year successfully! With the end of our fourth quarter swiftly approaching, there are a few items that ALL Parents and Guardians need to consider while making summer plans (see Mrs. Weatherspoon for more details):
- Sonshine Christian Academy will be offering A Summer Enrichment Program for all children grades PreK-8th grade (breakfast and lunch are included).
- Title XX is accepted (if you are interested in Title XX or have been previously denied, please contact Mrs. Weatherspoon on how to qualify/appeal with ODJFS).
- The cost of this program is $25 per student each week.
- The program will start July 1st and end August 9th, from 8:00AM-2:00PM (aftercare is available until 4PM for an additional $7.50 per day per child); located at 2177 Mock Rd. Columbus, OH 43219.
EdChoice will reopen again July 1st and will close for the year on July 31st. ALL families must RE-ENROLL (private pay families and those who use financial assistance) every year to maintain the scholarship for your child’s continued education tuition payments accordingly. Please contact Mrs. Warfield or Mrs. Jackson-Fowlkes with any questions pertaining to the new/re-enrollment forms before it’s too late. Summer Office Hours (July 1st – August 9th): Mon-Fri- 10 AM-2PM.
Please Note the Following Dates and Information:
- June 6th: 5th Grade Clap-Out at 11:00 AM; and 8th Grade Graduation from 6-8PM—in the gymnasium (all family and friends of graduates are welcome to join the celebration).
- June 19th – 22nd: Sonshine Christian Academy family and friends will be moving from the Gladstone Ave building to the 2177 Mock Rd. property (all are welcome to come help with the move from 8AM-4:00PM).
- August 1st: A Night of Giving: Fundraising Event—Pre-Tickets are available now for sale! Don’t miss this grand event where 200 Partners, Community Leaders and Corporate Sponsors will be gathered to support our New Building Campaign initiative! Call the school office for more information.
- August 15th: Parent Orientation @ 6:00PM.
- August 21st: First Day of School (PreK & Kindergarten classes will resume at the 980 Lenore Ave. property; 1st-8th grade classes will resume at the 2177 Mock Rd. location).
I want to personally thank each of you for your kindness, support and cooperation throughout this 2018-2019 school year with me being the new Principal—your prayers have made a BIG difference! Please continue to pray for Sonshine and its leadership, as we march forward with Christ as our Good Shepard—knowing that we can do ALL things in Jesus’ Name.